Measurements on the valve train / of valve train dynamics
Goal: economical and powerful combustion engine
The analysis of the valve train is carried out on the basis of the measured, analogue variables valve lift or valve speed in relation to the camshaft position. Due to the increasing complexity of valve actuation, it is a decisive element in the optimisation of thermodynamics and thus in the development of economical and powerful combustion engines. In particular, the dynamic opening and closing behaviour of the valve (e.g. touchdown speed) as a function of the engine speed is the focus here.
MEASUREMENTS ON THE MOTORED CYLINDER HEAD AND FIRED ENGINE
ADVANTAGES OF VALVE TRAIN TESTS ON THE FIRED ENGINE
SOFTWARE MODULE FOR AUTOMATED EVALUATION OF DYNAMIC PARAMETERS
The application of the measurement technology as well as on-site measurements, analysis and evaluation can be completely provided and carried out by ROTEC ENGINEERING.
ROTEC ENGINEERING carries out tests on electric as well as hydraulic camshaft phasers. Thus, interactions between valve actuation and timing are recorded or the functional behaviour of the camshaft phasers is explicitly analysed.
Keywords: Valve lift, valve speed, valve acceleration, motored cylinder head, fired engine, gas forces, valve touchdown speed, dynamic opening and closing, touchdown speed, stroke loss, lift-off, valve bounce, mechanical load, stroke area, valve overlap
Measurements on mo-
tored cylinder head
- Measurement of valve stroke and valve speed with laser vibrometer
- Camshaft position measurement with rotary encoder
- Classic measuring method with high-precision measurement signals
- Valve stroke measurement with prepared valve stem and MR sensor technology
- Deviation from the laser vibrometer < 20 µm
- Special software solution for calculating the stroke signals from the sensor signals (SIN, COS)